Situs Filmtracks mengumumkan penghargaannya dan Danny Elfman mendapat beberapa nominasi dan menang untuk kategori Top Film Cues. Berikut kutipannya:
Top Film Scores:
• La Ligne Droite (The Straight Line) (Patrick Doyle)
• The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (John Williams)
• The Greatest Miracle (Mark McKenzie)
• Priest (Christopher Young)
• Real Steel (Danny Elfman)
• Soul Surfer (Marco Beltrami)
The nominees this year were relatively easy to determine, the strength of the field demanding the sixth nomination slot that Filmtracks reserves for abnormally solid years. Selecting the winner was extremely challenging, however, only The Greatest Miracle not competing with its peers. To break the tie, all of these films were viewed carefully to account for the impact of the music in context. After this process was completed, it became clear that Doyle's La Ligne Droite and Elfman's Real Steel had the most substantial impact on their films, the former slightly edging the latter because of its remarkable efficiency given such a small ensemble.
Top Film Cues:
• Real Steel (Danny Elfman) "Final Round"
• The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (John Williams) "Sir Francis and the Unicorn"
• Black Gold (James Horner) "Phantom Army"
• Dream House (John Debney) "Dream House End Credits"
• The Greatest Miracle (Mark McKenzie) "Ascension/Gloria Patri"
• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (Alexandre Desplat) "Statues"
• Hugo (Howard Shore) "Winding It Up"
• La Ligne Droite (The Straight Line) (Patrick Doyle) "Stadium Memories"
• Mars Needs Moms (John Powell) "Gribble's Loss"
• Peak: The Rescuers (Naoki Sato) "Kyuushutsu"
• Priest (Christopher Young) "Fanfare for a Resurrected Priestess"
• Real Steel (Danny Elfman) "Safe With Me"
• Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Patrick Doyle) "Off You Go"
• Soul Surfer (Marco Beltrami) "Back in the Water"
• Soul Surfer (Marco Beltrami) "Half Pint Boards"
• Super 8 (Michael Giacchino) "Letting Go"
• The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (Carter Burwell) "A Wolf Stands Up"
• War Horse (John Williams) "Dartmoor, 1912"
• Water for Elephants (James Newton Howard) "The Circus Sets Up"
• W.E. (Abel Korzeniowski) "Dance for Me Wallis"
This category was extremely difficult to resolve for 2011, the generally high quality of the year as a whole for film music forcing a plethora of difficult choices. After viewing most of the films represented by these contenders, this award came down to three cues that had a tremendous impact upon their scenes: "Stadium Memories" from Doyle's La Ligne Droite, "Final Round" from Elfman's Real Steel, and "Kyuushutsu" ("Rescue") from Sato's Peak: The Rescuers. All three are represented by altered edits on their album releases, though "Final Round" from Real Steel is arguably superior in its film arrangement, giving it the slight advantage over the other two. Any one of these three cues could have won this award, and if a three-way tie were possible, that may have been the best choice.
Baca lengkapnya di sini.